Mediation is a highly effective mechanism to resolve intellectual property disputes early on, before parties become bitter and before there has been a tremendous expenditure in attorney’s fees. Parties to contracts involving the exploitation of intellectual property often share the same goals when a dispute arises: expedient and cost-effective resolution; confidentiality; and a voluntarily-crafted resolution.
Common examples of such contracts include:
- Trademark Rights
- Software Licenses
- Distribution Contracts
- Joint Ventures
- Research and Development Contracts
- Employment, Work for Hire, and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions with Valuable Intellectual Property Assets,
- Publishing and Entertainment Contracts; and
- Any Other Technology-Sensitive Contract
Learn about our other mediation services here: business mediation, data privacy mediation, employment mediation.