In this 60 minute course you’ll learn critical basic and advanced negotiation strategies to make more valuable deals, cultivate lasting relationships, and reduce exposure to liabilities. Among other things, you’ll learn:
- Strategies before, during, and after a negotiation to optimize outcomes
- How to create and claim value
- When to talk and when to walk
- How to overcome stalemates that kill otherwise lucrative deals
- Techniques to deal with unreasonable people and positions
- How to present your position for maximum leverage
- Tips for drafting the deal agreement
85 percent of your financial success is due to skills in “human engineering,” your personality and ability to communicate, negotiate, and lead. Shockingly, only 15 percent is due to technical knowledge.
Negotiation is such a potentially rich, and under-exploited, source of competitive advantage and an innovation domain. . . transformative for organizations beyond the realm of negotiations, honing strategy and identifying new sources of value in relationships with customers, suppliers, and partners.