Employment law covers every aspect of the employer-employee relationship, including applications, hiring, training, working conditions, wages, promotion, benefits, discipline, and termination. Federal, state law, and agreements between the parties define the rights and obligations of the employer and employee. We help employers understand current employment regulations and put regulations in place so they are compliant.
We also help employers:
- Establish employment manuals and policies;
- Distinguish independent contractors from employees;
- Draft offers of employment, employment agreements, and independent contractor agreements;
- Draft non-compete agreements, confidentiality agreements, and invention assignment agreements;
- Protect trade secrets; and
- Respond to adverse claims
We also represent employees and independent contractors in negotiating employment, non-compete and severance agreements and resolving disputes with employers.